Before signing up to Reach Off Road, please read our event rules. By signing up to the event, you are agreeing to abide by these rules.
Event Rules and Declaration
- The Roads used in Reach Off Road have not been closed for this event.
- Whilst the majority of them will be very quiet caution must be taken at all times.
- Always assume that there is a vehicle around the next bend or approaching from behind. If unsure ride in single file. Better Safe than Sorry.
- You must slow down for and be courteous to other land users such as walkers and horse riders. Remember this is not a race.
- You must report to the finish even if you retire. It is imperative that we are able to ensure all riders have returned safely. If you do not report back when retiring and a search for you is instigated by the emergency services you will be liable to pay for the costs of the search.
- You must wear a helmet throughout the duration of the entire event.
- You must ensure your bike is fit for purpose and roadworthy.
- Family riders must stay within voice contact at all times.
- You must only ride on legal rights of way for cyclists – public roads, bridleways. Do not use footpaths or private roads/tracks unless the event organiser has gained special permission for you to do so and these are clearly marked on the event and/or master maps.
- Whilst the event is fully covered it is only in relation to the planned routes. If riders leave these routes the organisers can’t guarantee support in case of a breakdown or accident.
- Please follow the off-road code and shut all gates behind you. Mountain Biking only exists with the consent of the owners of the land on which we ride. Please do nothing that would make them complain against us.
- The Marshals will be standing down and the event will be deemed closed at 4pm. So please calculate your start time accordingly. Please note that the Black Route can be particularly tough!
I accept that taking part in this event is by its nature hazardous and contains certain inherent risks.
I agree that I participate entirely at my own risk and accept that the event organisers and their associates are not liable for any loss, damage, claim, expense, injury or accidents which may arise as a consequence of my negligence at this event. I will cycle with care and attention, abiding by the rules of the event and remain responsible for my own property.
I agree to abide by the Highway Code, the Country Code and the Event Rules as displayed at the venue. I am in good health and sufficiently fit to safely complete my chosen route.
[If signing this declaration on behalf of a family or group of riders I confirm they understand the Event Rules and agree with this declaration]